Born and raised in Tyler, Texas, Dr. Russell Brent Jackson has called Texas home for many years, and is proud to be in San Antonio serving patients and their orthopaedic needs.
Prior to opening his practice, Dr. Jackson completed a hand and upper extremity fellowship at the Hand Center of San Antonio, and it was during that time that he and his wife and three children fell in love with the Alamo City.
Dr. Jackson had the opportunity to train with outstanding physicians in the field of hand and upper extremity surgery, and then completed an orthopaedic trauma fellowship in Brisbane, Australia.
Dr. Jackson has a strong interest and passion for dealing with injuries to the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder, and is on the forefront of new treatments and related research. Relationships with patients are a top priority for Dr. Jackson and his staff, and he seeks to understand each patient’s priorities and goals concerning their health. Outside of medicine, Dr. Jackson loves to spend time with his family. He enjoys Fightin’ Texas Aggie Football, camping, fishing, and running.
Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship
- Hand Center of San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship
- Princess Alexandra Hospital – Brisbane, Australia
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Oklahoma State University, St. Anthony Hospital – Oklahoma City, OK
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of North Texas Health Science Center – Fort Worth, TX
- Bachelor of Science – Biomedical Science
- Texas A&M University – College Station, TX
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Methodist Health System
- Baptist Health System
- VA Health Care System – Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital