Born and raised in Tyler, Texas, Dr. Russell Brent Jackson has called Texas home for many years, and is proud to be in San Antonio serving patients and their orthopaedic needs.
Prior to opening his practice, Dr. Jackson completed a hand and upper extremity fellowship at the Hand Center of San Antonio, and it was during that time that he and his wife and three children fell in love with the Alamo City.
Dr. Jackson had the opportunity to train with outstanding physicians in the field of hand and upper extremity surgery, and then completed an orthopaedic trauma fellowship in Brisbane, Australia.
Dr. Jackson is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery by the AOBOS and has completed Subspecialty Certification in Hand Surgery.
Dr. Jackson has a strong interest and passion for dealing with injuries to the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder, and is on the forefront of new treatments and related research. Relationships with patients are a top priority for Dr. Jackson and his staff, and he seeks to understand each patient’s priorities and goals concerning their health. Outside of medicine, Dr. Jackson loves to spend time with his family. He enjoys Fightin’ Texas Aggie Football, camping, fishing, and running.
- Board Certified, 2017 – 2031
- Subspecialty Certification in Hand Surgery, 2021
Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship
- Hand Center of San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship
- Princess Alexandra Hospital – Brisbane, Australia
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Oklahoma State University, St. Anthony Hospital – Oklahoma City, OK
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of North Texas Health Science Center – Fort Worth, TX
- Bachelor of Science – Biomedical Science
- Texas A&M University – College Station, TX
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Methodist Health System
- Baptist Health System
Meet Luke Trautmann, PA-C
We are proud to have Luke as a part of our team since 2018!
Born and raised in San Antonio, Texas, Luke Trautmann has called San Antonio home for his entire life.
Luke completed his Biology degree at University of the Incarnate Word where he played on the men’s tennis team. This is where he became passionate about a career in medicine. In 2018, he earned a Master of Physician Assistant Studies at Texas Tech. While doing a clinical rotation in orthopedic surgery in Abilene, Texas, he developed a love for orthopedics.
Luke’s career as a physician assistant in orthopedic surgery began in 2018 with Dr. Jackson. In his spare time, Luke enjoys time with his family and friends, playing tennis, golfing, home renovations, and traveling.
Luke works closely with Dr. Jackson to provide the following services:
- Evaluate and diagnose patients
- Prescribe appropriate medication
- Discuss surgical and non-surgical treatment options with patients
- Perform injections- Ultrasound guided shoulder injections, tennis elbow injections, thumb CMC arthritis injections, trigger finger injection, ganglion cyst aspirations etc.
- Fracture care- Review xrays, splinting, casting, and custom molded removable bracing
- Assist Dr. Jackson with surgical procedures and post-operative care
Jackson Orthopaedics has been thrilled to have Luke join our team. He truly embodies our practice philosophy and approach to patient care. Not only is Luke well educated, patients truly appreciate his caring and compassionate demeanor.