Wide Awake Hand Surgery may be an option for your procedure. Wide Awake Hand Surgery:
- Utilizes evidence-based technical advances to enable hand surgery to be performed under local anesthesia
- Alleviates the need for, and cost of, additional preoperative testing
- Does not require overnight fasting
- Great option for patients who have a higher risk of general anesthesia complications
Benefits of Wide Awake Surgery may include:
- Decreased cost
- Time saver – no need to arrive hours early at the hospital
- Avoid tourniquet pain and risks
- Minimal preoperative testing
Many hand surgeries can be performed in this way, so ask us today if you are a candidate.
Rather go to sleep for your surgery? No problem. Most of these procedures can also be done in an ambulatory surgery center or hospital with general anesthesia.